Both the ceremony and reception will be held the evening of April 30, 2011, at The Solarium, 321 West Hill Street, Decatur, GA 30030.
We’d also like to invite our wedding guests to join us Sunday morning at Morgan Falls Outlook Park for a picnic brunch.
Both locations (and our house) are marked with special icons on the map below.
- Doubletree Hotel Atlanta – Northlake – A discount rate has been negotiated. Ask for the Miller/Cerrato Wedding when booking to get the reduced rate.
- Holiday Inn Decatur – The closest hotel to the wedding venue. Within walking distance of Decatur Square, where you’ll find lots of shops and restaurants.
- The Indigo – A stylish Midtown hotel.
Things to Do
- Georgia Aquarium – Our #1 recommended must-see Atlanta attraction. The beluga whales are amazing.
- Atlanta Botanical Gardens – Gorgeous in the spring!
- Piedmont Park – Atlanta’s answer to NYC’s Central Park
- Martin Luther King Center – Take a walk from the church where MLK preached, a few blocks up to where he lived with his family.
- High Museum of Art – A beautiful building with a good permanent collection and great rotating exhibits.
- Center for Puppetry Arts – Many of Jim Henson’s muppets (including a few from Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal) are on display, and they put on great shows. Looks like a production of Beauty and the Beast will be put on in April/May.
- Zoo Atlanta – we love the pandas, gorillas, sun bears, giraffes, orangutans, elephants, and so many more!
- A Braves game – there are home games April 29 through May 5.
- The Georgia Renaissance Festival – Fun shows, tasty food, terrible pun-filled jokes. Good times.
- The Brick Store Pub – Our favorite pub! Great pub food, and try to visit the Belgian bar upstairs.
- Leon’s Full Service – Tasty, local, fresh. The renovated garage still has the big glass doors that stay open in pleasant weather.
- Java Monkey – Our favorite coffee shop in Decatur
- World Peace Cafe Atlanta – Our favorite coffee shop in Sandy Springs, non-profit, run by volunteers, excellent coffee and tea.
- Octane Coffee Bar at Emory – Our favorite coffee shop in Midtown and near Emory
- Five Seasons Brewing – Tasty food, good beer brewed in-house.
- The Porter Beer Bar – Good selection of beer, tasty food, fun neighborhood.
- Six Feet Under – Good seafood and burgers, right across from historic Oakland Cemetary.
- Marlow’s Tavern – Attached to the Doubletree Hotel mentioned above. Good pub food and a pretty decent beer list.
- Doc Chey’s Noodle House – Get a personal pot of tea with your noodles, yum! Cheap, too.
- La Fonda Latina – Yummy inexpensive Spanish food, great patios.
- Fellini’s Pizza – They don’t kid around with their Italian sausage.
- Sushi Mio Japanese Restaurant – High quality, decent prices (for Atlanta).
- Rumi’s Kitchen – A special Middle Eastern restaurant – try the dolmas marinated in pomegranite juice.
- No Mas! Hacienda and Cantina – The food is great and the margaritas plentiful.
- Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee – Wonderful coffee with a great Japanese garden to enjoy.
Check out the map below to get a sense of where our favorite spots in Atlanta are in relation to each other. Go to the full-sized map to see everything bigger.
View Jessi & Brent’s Wedding in a larger map